James Beard award winning Juvia Miami Beach rooftop restaurant is adjacent to Lincoln Road's Herzog & de Meuron–designed parking garage and boasts beautiful views of Miami Beach. Juvia’s cuisine is a French, Japanese and Peruvian fusion. The kitchen is led by award winning chefs from all over the globe.
Host/Hostess are responsible for monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables, estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list, and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting. The hostess is often responsible for answering the telephone, booking reservations and moving tables together to accommodate large parties.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests.
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strives to exceed guests' expectations.
- Takes names on a waiting list.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Understand the details of the inquiry, know where to find the answer and whether a supervisor is needed, and answer the communication in a timely manner.
This position is a pivotal role for the hostess/reservation department. It is a requirement to be proactive, and driven.
The applicant should have
- 2+ years experience in a direct titled reservationist role
- Excellent time management
- A proactive attitude
- Highly organized
- Previous restaurant or hotel phone experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Knowledge of Open Table, Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, and MICROS operating system
Benefits (non-wage compensation) that we offer.
- Paid vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid training
- Daily Family meal
- Completive wage
- Employee Discount for dining
- Ongoing training and learning modules