Title: Sushi Chef
James Beard award winning Juvia Miami Beach rooftop restaurant is adjacent to Lincoln Road's Herzog & de Meuron–designed parking garage and boasts beautiful views of Miami Beach. Juvia’s cuisine is a French, Japanese and Peruvian fusion. The kitchen is led by award winning chefs from all over the globe.
The Sushi Chef is responsible for all aspects of the sushi kitchen in terms of management, menu, execution, and SOP
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Relieve cooks and help in various areas of the Kitchen as required
- Use a broad knowledge of Japanese cooking techniques and food styles to ensure consistency
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation requirements
The Sushi Chef position is a pivotal role for the kitchen department. It is a requirement to be proactive, and driven to enable the kitchen to run smoothly and efficiently.
The applicant should have
- 6+ years experience in a direct titled Sushi Chef role
- Excellent time management
- A proactive attitude
- Ability to work in a large team is necessary.
- Previous Fine Dining extensive experience and experience in Japanese Cuisine.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Experience in food safety, and sanitation rules
- DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to push/pull/lift of 20+ pounds
Benefits (non-wage compensation) that we offer.
- Paid vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid training
- Daily Family meal
- Completive wage
- Employee Discount for dining
- Ongoing training and learning modules